L.A. City Council District 11
TRANSPORTATION INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Office of Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin is looking for smart and passionate graduate students interested in transportation and creating efficient solutions for the City of Los Angeles. As a member of the Metro Board of Directors and Chair of the City Council’s Transportation Committee, Councilmember Mike Bonin’s top priorities include reducing traffic, getting Angelenos out of their cars and onto mass transit, and improving transportation choices in the Los Angeles region. Interns are sought who will help the team carry out this objective, and this is an excellent opportunity for those interested in transportation policy.
The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, organized, attentive, a team player, research oriented, and a big-picture thinker.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of briefing memos and briefing books for the Councilmember
- Assisting with the Transportation Committee, Expo Board, and Metro Board
- Attending meetings with these boards and committees
- Conducting research as needed on transportation policies, projects, and programs
- Interfacing with staff or governmental agencies and elected officials to complete tasks
Benefits from the internship include:
- A firsthand look at the mechanics of local-level transportation policy
- Work directly with Council staff to formulate creative solutions for traffic;
- Participate in meetings with key players on transportation
- The opportunity to shape the future of transportation in Los Angeles
The position is unpaid and requires a minimum semester- or summer-long commitment of approximately twenty hours per week. Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Transportation Director Eric Bruins, at email@example.com.
The 11th Council District represents the communities of Brentwood, Del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Playa Del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Westchester, and West Los Angeles.