The Office of Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin is seeking a talented candidate to assist in capturing images of neighborhood events and the Councilmember at work on the Westside. We’re looking for a photographer to take photos of community gatherings and events hosted by the Council Office.
- Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to capture exceptional images that tell a story about an event and communicate in a creative and engaging way.
- Candidates should have their own photography equipment and transportation.
- Candidates should be comfortable working at a broad range of events, from professional meetings to casual neighborhood gatherings.
- The position will include photography at community events and meetings, primarily on evenings during the week (usually between 5pm – 9pm) and daytime events on the weekends.
- The number of events per week will fluctuate depending on the Councilmember’s schedule, but the position will require between 10 – 15 hours of work per week.
- This position creates a great opportunity to begin to develop a professional photographic portfolio and to connect with political and civic leaders in Los Angeles.
- The position is part-time, exempt from civil service, and available immediately.
- Compensation rate based on experience.
To apply, please email a resume and digital photo portfolio to David Graham-Caso, Deputy Chief of Staff/Communications Director, at email@example.com.