Posted February 17, 2021
Office of Councilmember Mike Bonin
The Office of Councilmember Mike Bonin is looking for a smart, talented and imaginative communications professional to join the CD11 team as Digital Director. Serving under the Deputy Chief of Staff, the Digital Director will assist with designing and managing campaigns to connect and communicate with constituents, and engage them in government, through the creative use of digital media and technology.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative and skilled communicator, experienced in social media and digital technologies, with strong writing skills and experience meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing a strategic, digital communications program utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Nextdoor, as well as live streaming and other video-based forums;
- Developing and implementing creative and imaginative ways to inform and engage residents about government policies and programs and how they impact them and their neighborhoods
- Using digital strategies and harnessing the power of social media and our constituent database to organize residents for positive and progresssive change
- Creating graphics and videos and posting multimedia content to the office website and social media accounts;
- Managing, writing, editing and developing social media and web content
- Using social media to spotlight achievements of the council office, as well as constituents and community organizations
- Arranging interviews and film footage for videos and media appearances;
- Managing the development and distribution of regular, informative communications with constituents as well as other digital media outreach strategies;
- Basic web programming, website maintenance and database management.
Though the position will be based from home initially due to the COVID pandemic, the Digital Director will eventually spend significant time at district offices and in CD11 neighborhoods, working with field staff, speaking with constituents and documenting events.
Please send resumes and a brief cover letter to CD11 Deputy Chief of Staff David Graham-Caso, at [email protected]. This is a director-level position and salary will be commensurate with experience.
The 11th Council District includes the communities of Brentwood, Del Rey, Ladera, Mar Vista, Marina del Rey, Pacific Palisades, Playa del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Westchester, and West Los Angeles.