LA City Council District 11 – Office of City Councilmember Mike Bonin
The Office of Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin is looking for creative and energetic fellows to serve at the City Hall, West L.A., and Westchester offices. Those selected will work closely with the professional staff of the elected official in one or a number of areas including public policy, land use and planning, communication, transportation issues, research, and community outreach efforts. Each internship offers an enriching experience for students and other candidates looking for hands-on experience in local city government.
Preference will be given to candidates who can commit to a six-month internship, however, three-month internships may also be available. Ideal candidates are available a minimum 20 hours/week.
Position Summary/Job Description
Fellows have options from a variety of areas in which they can intern in the Council office. These fields include:
Benefits from the internship include:
- Building relationships with professionals in the field
- Working as an active team member creating solutions for basic city services
- Ability to attend meetings with numerous decision makers
- Attaining first-hand experience in key legislative issues in the City of Los Angeles
- Acquiring real-world experience in the policy field, working directly with professionals at the forefront of policy implementation
By honing in on these specific areas, fellows will have the opportunity to work closely with specific policy issues and community projects carried out by the office. Please see the attached descriptions for more information on what these respective fields would entail and send your resume with a brief cover letter to the staff listed on each posting.
For general inquiries regarding internship opportunities and listings, please contact Internship Coordinator,[email protected]