L.A. City Council District 11
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The office of Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin is looking for a smart, skilled and reliable professional to join the team as a Communications Intern.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced technical and creative writer and who is always thinking of new ways of using technology and social media to engage people in local government. The ideal applicant will be a data hound capable of deriving meaning from social media and web analytics.
The Communication intern will be responsible for monitoring our social media and data analytics and spearheading projects that will use technology to improve the way Councilmember Bonin’s office – and the City – helps people, and they will also be a resource for interoffice technology management.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience using social media and web analytics tools
- Familiarity with start-up companies developing new apps and platforms, especially those headquartered in Los Angeles
- Good writing and editing skills
- Photography and videography skills are a plus!
Main duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Proactive technology project development and management
- Analyzing social media and website analytics
- Briefing Councilmember Bonin and staff on internal technology issues
- Some writing, editing, design and photography work
This will be a part-time internship, up to 20 hours/week.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to Communications Deputy, Kristin Eaves at Kristin.Eaves@lacity.org.
Interns will be located in City Hall.
The 11th Council District represents the communities of Brentwood, Del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Playa Del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Westchester, and West Los Angeles.