Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin
The office of Los Angeles City Councilmember Mike Bonin is looking for a smart, skilled, and reliable professional to join the team as a Communications Intern.
We are looking for someone who is interested in social change, a technical and creative writer and who is always thinking of new ways of using social media to engage people in local government. A go-getter who is not afraid to learn new things. The ideal applicant will be a data hound, capable of deriving meaning from social media and web analytics.
The Communication intern will be responsible for monitoring our social media and data analytics and spearheading projects to improve the way Councilmember Bonin’s office – and the City – helps people, and they will also be a resource for interoffice technology management.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience using social media and web analytics tools
- Good writing and editing skills
- Exceptional follow-up skills
- Experience using Google Sheets/ Microsoft Excel
- Photography and videography skills are a plus!
Main duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing digital constituent communication flow
- Identifying and pitching interesting and relevant events in the district
- Analyzing social media and website analytics
- Creating communication collateral including flyers, one-pagers, etc.
- Some writing, editing, design and photography work
This will be a part-time internship, up to 20 hours/week. Please submit resumes and cover letters to Internship Director, [email protected]