L.A. City Council District 11
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The Office of Councilmember Mike Bonin is looking for passionate and responsible applicants interested in communications, public relations and local government to serve as Communications Interns. The office is seeking out interns who will assist with writing projects and promoting a positive relationship between CD-11 and constituents through the distribution of information and the use of technology.
The ideal candidate for this position will be organized, professional, a good communicator, and will have demonstrated excellent writing skills and experience meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of an office newsletter, including:
- Writing and editing (familiarity with AP Style a HUGE plus)
- Some photography work
- Coming up with creative ways to feature work being done by CD11 staff
- Interviewing interesting constituents and business people on the Westside and writing stories for the CD11 website
- Basic web programming and website maintenance, including database management
- Assisting with office media relations and other communications work, including:
- Writing and editing media advisories, press releases and opinion editorials
- Editing talking points for the Councilmember
- Working with legislative and administrative staff to prepare Council presentations
Though based in the City Hall council office, Communications Interns will spend significant time at District Offices and in CD11 neighborhoods, speaking with constituents and documenting events.
The position is unpaid and requires a minimum semester or summer-long commitment of approximately twenty hours per week. Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Communications Director David Graham-Caso, at David.Grahamcaso@lacity.org.
The 11th Council District represents the communities of Brentwood, Del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Playa Del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Westchester, and West Los Angeles.